If you plan to visit London, this guide will help you sail through the city like a breeze. The idea of visiting London is exhilarating, but you may feel like fish out of the water if you don’t plan your trip well. Whether you’re fascinated by the rich heritage or wish to dine in savory dishes, London has something to offer to everybody. Being a travel graduate, I had an opportunity for a brief-stay in London and I had tons of learning in that trip.
Firstly, you should know that London attracts tourists through-out the year. In order to have the most gratifying experience, it is best that you travel to London between April and September. When visiting during December you’ll also be delighted by the long Christmas nights filled with sparkles. You can learn the ins and outs of a bunch of countries while studying about travel and tourism.
Wander into the wilderness of London’s rich heritage!
London is entrenched with rich medieval heritage with a flavor for modern fashion, art & gallery. In order to enjoy the best of both the worlds, you should include a hint of both the essence in your itinerary. This killer guide will make your travel to London a mesmerizing experience.
• Immerse yourself in historic architecture of Westminster Abbey – Make sure you take a whiff of air that fills this glorious church, which has witnessed 700 years of legacy and celebration.
• Re-live the tension that flared Winston Churchill during World War II – Take a walk through the command room, where the world’s most chilling and high-pressured decision were taken at the blink of an eye.
• Time travel to the past as you stroll the gallery of Parthenon Marbles – Feel the pulse of the Greek mythology by tingling your eyes with the sensational architecture and magnificent allure of 438 B.C. You’ll dip yourself into the pool of historic significance by visiting the British Museum.
Take a enchanting peek at the modern side of London
Once you’ve delved into the bountiful chronicles of ancient England, it’s time you quench your thirst for modern English art. Here are a few places that will make you make you go over the moon.
• Take a mystical flight on Harry Potter’s magic broomstick – No visit to London is complete unless you’ve visited the cradle to the world’s favorite wizard franchise ‘Harry Potter’. Warner Bros studios is home to many ideas, and many artist have the found their inspiration the moment they stepped in the Great Hall, Forbidden Forest and Diagon Alley.
• Feast on an eyeful fireworks in London Eye – It feels out-of-the-world to witness the sparkling fireworks bursting in the pitch-black sky. The majestic wheel of London eye only adds icing on the cake, every fleeting moment will make you jump in joy.
• Pamper your taste-buds to an appetizing variety of food in Southwark – The market in Southwark prides itself in offering world’s choicest meal. Variety is the name of the game, you can find yourself spoilt for choice from Arabian Classics, English popular Fish and chips and many more.
Pro-tip: Pre-purchase an Oyster Card before you visit as it can get you quick access to entertainment venues, tubes (metro) or dining clubs. You’ll also get a sweet rebate on every swipe.
Make sure you apply the thumb rule when you visit the landmark monuments. Most of them open at 10am and close by 6pm, barring a few sites, where you need to personally enquire. To beat the queue and make your experience stress-free, you can opt to visit off season between January and March. Also make sure you carefully pack your gears for the weather that hits 7 degrees in January or as high as 19 degrees during summers – in July.